Hi, welcome back.
Yesterday a put a poll in my instagram story asking which post you guys wanted to see this week. A post of inspiring quotes or the story of how I got into college. Well, each post got an equal amount of votes so I guess I’ll be doing both lol. Here’s the first one some of my favorite quotes that keep me inspired and motivated throughout my week. Including some of my favorite public figures (Audre Lorde, Alice Walker, Katherine Dunham, etc) and some quotes that I had seen on Pinterest that I thought were worth sharing.
- “A will finds a way”-Orison Swett Marden
2. “Setting goals is the first step in turning the invisible to the visible.”-Tony Robbins
3. “Do the difficult things while they are easy and do the great things while they are small. A journey of a thousand miles must begin with a single step. ” -Lao Tzu
4. “Life is short, and it’s up to you to make it sweet.”-Sadie Delany
5. “Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible.”-Dalai Lama
6. “Don’t watch the clock; do what it does. Keep going.” -Sam Levenson
7. “Don’t wait around for other people to be happy for you. Any happiness you get you’ve got to make yourself.” – Alice Walker
8. “If I didn’t define myself for myself, I would be crunched into other people’s fantasies for me and eaten alive. ” – Audre Lorde
9. “Surround yourself with only people who are going to lift you higher.” – Oprah Winfrey
10. “I used to want the words ‘She tried’ on my tombstone. Now I want ‘She did it.’” – Katherine Dunham